Meet Heidi, Our Cabinet Queen!
This is Heidi, our in-house certified kitchen and bath designer. Heidi helps Direct Supply customers create beautiful spaces for end users. We asked Heidi 12 questions about her experiences and thoughts on the current and past Kitchen and Bath Industry. Check out what she had to say!
- How long have you been in the industry? – I started my first job at Miller Zeilstra Lumber in 1988, but officially a designer since 1995.
- How long have you worked at Direct Supply Inc? – Since 2018
- What is your favorite part of your current role? – The diversity of what I get to do every day.
- What is your favorite part of a past role? – Travel
- One thing you would change about the industry? – Damage control/warranty issues
- What you thought your career would be like, and how is it different? – I thought that I would spend more of my time designing and less time with all of the follow-up/checking orders/placing orders/replacement parts/ emails etc., but those are both necessary and crucial parts of being a designer.
- Your job summary in a little kid answer – Design and order cabinetry for people
- Your job summary in a president’s response – Finding creative solutions to complex problems.
- Favorite project you have ever worked on? – Complicated jobs that go off with no issues and photograph great. One’s with great customers that recognize the hard work that is involved in creating their beautiful home.
- What is the hardest project you have ever worked on? – A fire damage project where the new product was in storage for a year, then the stored product had damages, and nothing else seemed to go right no matter what we tried. We also discontinued working with the manufacturer after their warranty period ended, making helping the customer out of an unexpected situation very challenging.
- What is the most rewarding project you have ever worked on? – My own kitchen 😊
- What do you think will be trends in 2023? – Still plenty of White Shaker cabinetry, with a growing trend toward some wood grains.
Check out other Q&A's